Search This Blog

Monday, September 2, 2013

A bit of advice

To all couples out there that can't wait to spend the rest of their lives together, I'm sorry to say it but: DO NOT LIVE WITH YOUR IN-LAWS... It is a guaranteed death sentence for your relationship and marriage. If I could go back in time, I will ensure I have the house first and then the wedding.

I repeat: DO NOT LIVE WITH YOUR IN-LAWS

The Americans had it right by making it taboo to still live at home when you turn eighteen. Sadly the real estate industry in this country really hinders that progress but you know what, hold strain. Save, Save, Save and if you really can't wait and can afford it. Rent. I usually do not support renting because according to my mother it's 'dead money' but if you want a relationship that is based on learing each other and growing together properly and positively without much external distractions, go for it.

No matter how great your in-laws are, you still need that level of privacy and openness to really express yourself to your significant other that you just cannot get while living under someone else's space and rules.

So take my dumb advice and DO NOT LIVE WITH YOUR IN-LAWS

No comments:

Post a Comment